Have you ever heard about char Dham yatra? If not, you have to know that these are the most beautiful places in Uttrakhand, India. These four places are known for Hindu pilgrimages in India.
Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri are the four places included in Char Dham yatra. These four places have their pilgrimage value and are connected from ancient times. Every year, many people visit these four places with different mediums, and these are the places with the most tourist attractions in India. These are also known as the most beautiful hill station in India.
Here we have discussed the history of the Char Dham temples of Uttrakhand. We will also discuss some Chardham yatra tour packages from Hyderabad and Chardham yatra tour packages from Mumbai. By reading this full blog, you will know the history of Chardham temples and the religious value of these temples.
The History of Yamunotri
Yes, this is the first holy place of Char Dham yatra, situated in Uttarkashi, a small district of Uttrakhand, and it is known as the birthplace of the holy river Yamuna.
- People have faith that if you take a bath in this river, it will clean all your past sins had in your past.
- It is believed that the king of Tehri built the Yamunotri in 1839.
- There are many water springs near this river, and the Surya Kund is the most one.
- Boiled rice and potatoes are the accepted prasad at this holy place.
History of Gangotri
This place is dedicated to the goddess Ganga, and the starting point of this Ganga is from Gaumukh, 18 kilometers away from Gangotri.
- Gangotri has also situated in Uttarkashi, and king Amar Singh Thapa built a district of Uttrakhand and the original temple of this goddess.
- According to the older people, Gangotri is where Lord shiva toed Ganga in his hair when Ganga landed on earth.
- Another story of 60,000 sons Ashwamedha came on the world and were later lost on the planet.
- Ganga came on earth to cleanse all the sins spread by Ashwamedha’s sons.
The History of Kedarnath
Kedarnath is situated in Rudarpriyag, a district of Uttrakhand. Kedarnath is one of the most beautiful places in India, and it is also known as heaven for all those who love lord shiva.
- Pandavas built the original temple of Kedarnath.
- Sankaracharya built the structure in the 8TH Century, the architecture of this temple is very pleasing, and the temple has stayed without any damage for many years.
- The people of Kedarnath believed that this was the place where Pandav came to absolve all the sins which they committed in the battle of Mahabharata, and lord shiva was in a good mood, and they forgave them quickly.
- Later that, Lord shiva converted into a bull and dived into the ground, their different body parts came outside after some time, and they all are known as Panch Kedar.
History of Badrinath
Badrinath is one of the most beautiful and holy places for the Hindu religion. Badrinath is only one time that opens only for six months, and the people of Badrinath have faith that this temple’s god saves them from high snowstorms during the winter season.
- Badrinath is the only temple under Chardham yatra packages from hyderabad and in Chhota char Dham yatra.
- The history of tample said that badrintah was founded in Alaknanda river by Adi sankacharaya.
- The beauty of Badrinath is enhanced by the Nealkanth peak, which is a beautiful mountain behind this temple, and there is a lovely flower found named Bharma Kamal.
- The Indian Vedas said that Lord Vishnu was meditated in Badrinath; that’s why it is Uttarakhand’s most Hindu religious place.
More Detail visit: ARV Holidays