Have you bought a new rug but don’t know how to take care of it? Don’t worry; we are here to help you out! We understand that having beautiful new flooring is exciting, but how long? What if you get a stain and don’t know what to do next? To save you from such disasters, here is a beginner’s guide by the best rug cleaners. Read on to learn more.
1. How to Protect Your Rug from Stains?
Rug stains may be aggravating and tricky to remove. However, learning the fundamentals of stain removal treatments can be beneficial and, in certain situations, prevent the flooring from being permanently discoloured.
Here are some general carpet stain cleanup guidelines:
- Dab stains with a cloth rather than rubbing them out, as it may aggravate the spill.
- Allowing the stain to rest will make it worse, so try to remove it as soon as possible.
- If you don’t have a particular cleaning product, combine 14 cups of white vinegar and one tablespoon of dish soap with water.
While you can clean most stains with remedies, some need specialised materials and techniques. In this case, you can connect with a company that provides the best rug cleaning service for stain removal treatment.
2. Regular Maintenance
Vacuuming a rug once or twice a week is the best cleaning routine. By doing this, you keep dirt and dust at bay. That makes everything easy from stain removal to deep cleaning.
General Maintenance Tips
- Always keep your rug dry; wet carpeting may harbour mould and other microorganisms.
- Invest in appropriate cushioning or rug pads to avoid installing the flooring in high-moisture locations.
- Recognise any manufacturing needs.
- Rotate rugs annually.
- Keep your shoes at bay.
- Use a stain protector to prevent future damage by spills.
- Read the manufacturer label before trying any DIY technique.
- Blot a stain instead of scrubbing.
- Know your rug’s fibre type.
3. Hire Professionals for Deep Cleaning
No matter how well you maintain your flooring, you have to get a rug cleaning service at least once a year. That keeps your rug free from dirt, filth, germs and other pollutants. When you have water damage or grease stains, consider hiring professionals; instead of DIY techniques.
Professionals offer top-notch cleaning with their advanced tools, techniques, and expertise. Their years of experience come in handy in tricky situations like urine stains or black water damage. Also, some top-rated companies strictly use green solvents to protect their client’s health and rug fibers.
So, contact rug cleaning Sydney experts and talk to them about your rug’s condition. You may have to research well and find the best company to protect your flooring from harm. But, it’s all worth it! Once you find the perfect cleaning company, you don’t have to worry about your flooring. Remember, if you take care of your rug, it will take care of you. All the best for your new journey as a rug owner. Keep these points in mind, and you will be fine!