QuickBooks Error code 15106 is an issue that generally occurs after updating the software. The users of QuickBooks struggle with the problem more often. Therefore we have prepared this article to help you in resolving the error from your system using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
QuickBooks errors could be very frustrating at some time and it is also required to fix it as soon as possible. So issues if left in the device for too long, can cause other problems. Hence read the article till the end and learn different ways to fix the problem.
QuickBooks Error 15106- A Brief Description
It is a payroll update error that indicates that some issue is stopping the application from getting the update. However, before directly jumping into the solution it is highly recommended to understand the error, it’s symptoms and causes, so that you can resolve the error more efficiently. While dealing with the issue a user might receive the error message:
“Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened”
“Error 15106: The update program is damaged”
Now let’s understand the triggers that have caused the QuickBooks error code 15106 in the system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15106
There are a couple of things that might be the reason for the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15106.
- One of the main reasons that might have triggered the error in your system is the third-party antivirus software which is blocking the software from using the internet.
- The administration set might have restricted the read and write files without the admin credentials.
- The Spy Sweeper is available in the Webroot anti-malware application that can also cause the QuickBooks error 15106.
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Update Error 15106
After understanding the reasons that have caused the QuickBooks error 15106 in your system, now it is time to resolve the error from your system. We have discussed some verified and tested solutions to get rid of the problem. If you have little or no knowledge about the technology of QuickBooks then consider taking professional help who will guide you through the steps. Without further ado let us jump into the solutions.
Solution 1: Turn Off the User Account Control (UAC)
The other way to resolve the problem is by turning off the User Account Control. To imply the solution follow the steps below:
- First of all, press the keys Windows + R to open the Run window.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel.
- And click on the OK button.
- From the drop-down list select the User Accounts and ensure that you have clicks on the User Accounts (Classic View).
- Hit on the option Change User account control settings.
- Tap on the Yes button.
- Now go to the option Never Notify and press the OK button besides UAC OFF.
- Set to the Always Notify choice and then hit the OK option and Turn On UAC.
- After successfully performing the above steps, now reboot the system to apply the changes.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Download Quickbooks connection diagnostic Tool. It is one of the amazing tools in QuickBooks that would help to resolve almost all kinds of errors.
- First, you need to download and then install the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool in your system.
- Go to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and search for the tool.
- Click on it to download and save it to an accessible location.
- Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation procedure.
- Follow the displayed instruction to complete the process.
- After the completion of the installation, tap on the file to scan and resolve the problem.
Solution 3: Clean the Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
If none of the above solutions helped you to fix the issue then follow the steps below:
- You need to first make a backup company file.
- Also, save the QuickBooks product and license information in a secure place.
- The next step is to start the settings to startup mode and make sure that no other software is restricting the procedure.
- Then, the next step is to uninstall or install the QuickBooks desktop.
- Switch back to the formal start-up.
- Now check if you are still getting the issue or not.
Solution 4: Stop the Antivirus and Change the File Name
It is the last method on the list, hopefully, it will help you to fix the QuickBooks error 15106 from your system.
- Hit the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc together on the keyboard.
- Open the Task Manager tab.
- Then search for the file (Antivirus).exe and click on it to uninstall the antimalware.
- Choose the option End Process.
- To open the File explorer press the Windows + E keys on your keyboards.
- Navigate the path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Tap on the downloaded file download bOX folder and tap on it to change the name or rename it.
- At the end of the name type .old.
After discussing the four solutions to get rid of the problem we have come to the end of the article. Hopefully, the article helped you to resolve the error from your system. However, if you are still getting the issue then try to contact the support team of the software. Visit the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and get the helpline number. The support team is available for 24X7 to help the active users in need. The team will guide you to the steps t0 remove the problem and also provide tips to avoid any further issues. Share the blog post with your friends and teammates if you like the article.