Health is that six-letter word, which although seems small, but can put one in trouble if not cared about. It cannot be taken for granted. A healthy mind and healthy body is an asset to not only society but the whole country. One should take a good nutrient-rich diet along with regular body exercise, but it is observed that many people still have many health implications, these things can be treated by a doctor. In the world, doctors are considered to be second gods. A hospital consists of a large team of doctors who are specialized in a specific field like a heart specialist which is known as cardiologist or one who specialises bones is orthopedic or an endoscopy doctor.
This article deals with endosonography, its requirements, and why one has to visit an endoscopy doctor.
Endoscopy is a type of non-surgical process in which an instrument known as endoscope which is a flexible and slim tube that comprises a camera and light attached to it, to have a view of the digestive tract of the patient to the doctor is inserted. The doctor can directly have a look at one’s digestive tract on his colored monitor screen.
Listed below are some reasons why one needs to visit an endoscopy doctor.
- Unbearable stomach pain
- To have look at ulcers and gastrointestinal system
- To check if there is bleeding in the digestive tract.
- To see if any polyps are present or to have a look at suspicious growth of any tissue of the body.
- Severe heartburn or acidity.
- The main thing that endoscopy checks is cancer. Because cancer is a type of disease that first forms growth of tissue in an organ , if the doctor finds out any irregular growth of any tissue, then he can carry out further processes to check whether the person is suffering to one of the most deadly diseases of all time, that is, cancer.
- The other thing that can be checked with the help of endoscopy is the stomach ulcers due to which a person cannot swallow or eat his food. Endoscopy can also give an analysis of the uterus, colon, rectum.
Although, there are no risks associated with endoscopies it may be dependent from location to location. It may happen sometimes, that a patient may have some fever, or swelling in the area where the observation has taken place. Endoscopy is safe and is recommended by doctors only.
Listed below are consequences that can happen if the person doesn’t go for endoscopy:
- Tearing of gastrointestinal tract:
If endoscopy is not done in proper time then it can lead to tearing of the gastrointestinal tract, this may require severe hospitalization and medication.
If bleeding is not controlled on time or checked with endoscopy then this may cause severe body issues. Such a type of bleeding may require a severe blood transfusion.
Infection may lead to several issues in one’s life. If a part is severely infected or harmed then he should go for endoscopy.
Here are some steps that take place in endoscopy:
- The monitors or the screen will be attached to one’s body.
- One may require medication that helps in relaxation
- The doctor may spray anesthetic in one’s mouth
- Then, the endoscope is inserted in one’s mouth.
This article discusses all the necessary details regarding endoscopy and why one needs to visit theendoscopy doctor.